“O Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.” Psalm 95:1-3
We have so much to be grateful for. Every day that we are alive, we have a reason to give thanks. However, it is not easy to have a thankful heart. We’re struggling. We’re busy. We’re weary. Maybe we feel like God really doesn’t care about what is troubling us. The reality is that sometimes the constant demands, struggles and worries of life do more to create a spirit of defeat than a heart of thanks.
But we always have a choice. A thankful heart is a powerful thing in the life of a child of God. Here is a list of some of the things a thankful heart will do:
- A thankful heart helps us get our eyes off ourselves and helps us put our focus back on God.
- A thankful heart reminds us that we are not in control, but that we serve a mighty God who is.
- A thankful heart keeps us in a place of humility and dependency on God.
- A thankful heart reminds us to be thankful even for the small things.
- A thankful heart takes our attention off our problems and helps us reflect on and remember the goodness of God and the many blessings he has bestowed on us.
- A thankful heart reminds us that God is the Giver of all good gifts; that ultimately God is our provider; that all blessings and gifts are graciously given to us by His hand.
- A thankful heart has no room for complaining or negativity.
- A thankful heart makes the enemy flee. The forces of darkness can’t stand to be around hearts that give thanks and honor to God.
- A thankful heart opens the door for continued blessing.
- A thankful heart invites God’s presence.
- A thankful heart is renewed and refreshed in Him.
I encourage you to meditate on these truths on a regular basis and focus on giving God thanks in ALL circumstances. I know that your life will change for the better because of your thankful heart. There is power in a thankful heart. CHOOSE THANKFULNESS!