Understanding who we are in Christ is important if we desire to walk in victory over sin and failure in our Christian life. Although it is not the only step in claiming victory, it is the first step. Confusion about your identity makes you a sitting duck for Satan.
One of the many reasons many Christians don’t live in victory is that they truly have an identity crisis. While we aren’t what we are going to be someday, we certainly aren’t what we once were and we must understand that.
Let’s look at who we are in Christ:
1. We are children of God. I Peter 1:23; Galatians 3:26; I John 3:1; I John 3:3
2. We are heirs of God. Galatians 4:7; Romans 8:17; 1 Peter 1:3-6
3. We are seated with Christ in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 2:6
4. We are justified in the sight of God. Romans 5:1
5. We are new creations. 2 Corinthians 5:17a; 2 Corinthians 3:18
6. We are free from condemnation. Romans 8:1-2
7. We have everything we need for life and godliness. 2 Peter 1:3
8. We are more than conquerors. Romans 8:7
9. We are Spirit-indwelt. 1I Corinthians 3:16
10. We are ambassadors of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20
Prayer: O God, remind me of who I am in Christ. Help me remember that I’m forgiven, righteous, whole, filled with your Spirit, justified, and your personal representative. Help me in my daily walk to be who I am and to delight in my identity. Help me to bask in my new name, my new destination, my new companion, and my new agenda. Amen.