There are over 300 messianic prophesies in the Old Testament which were fulfilled in Jesus Christ. In Matthew 1:27-2:23 we see seven specific Old Testament prophesies about Christmas, the birth of Christ, fulfilled.
These prophets, especially Isaiah, had a better picture, a better idea, a better understanding of what Christmas was all about than most of us do, although they wrote about 700 years before it happened.
1. Matthew 2:14-15 is a fulfillment of Hosea 11:1
(The call for and exodus to Egypt)
2. Matthew 2:5-6 is a fulfillment of Micah 5:2
(Jesus was to be born in Bethlehem)
3. Matthew 1:23 is a fulfillment of Isaiah 7:14
(A virgin would conceive a child called Immanuel)
4. Matthew 2:17-18 is a fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:15
(Herod’s order to kill all the male infants in Bethlehem)
5. Matthew 2:23 is a fulfillment of Isaiah 11:1
(He would be called a Nazarene)
6. Matthew 2:11 is a fulfillment of Isaiah 60:6
(Wise men from the east bring gifts)
7. Matthew 2:1 is a fulfillment of Isaiah 60:2-3
(Kings would follow a star to the Christ Child)